Saskatoon Breastfeeding Education day for Doulas
Event Start Date: 10/29/2017 10:00 AM
Event End Date: 10/29/2017 4:00 PM
Sign Up To This Event
There are currently 15 spaces left.
Cost: CAD $125.00
This one day workshop fulfills the breastfeeding education requirement to complete most doula certifications. It is also open to practicing doulas who would like to access it for continuing professional development.
Cindy Leclerc and Jana Stockham have been working with breastfeeding families for over 20 years. It is exciting that they now bring their extensive clinical experience to Saskatoon doulas. They are well-qualified to speak on a variety of breastfeeding topics. In addition to being moms themselves, they are Registered Nurses, and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants from Saskatoon SK. They have worked together for over 20 years, and are innovators and advocates.
Cindy and Jana draw on their experience assisting over 20,000 families as they speak about:
- Getting the Best Possible Start with Breastfeeding: What Pregnant Women Need to Know
- Troubleshooting Common Breastfeeding Problems
- Uncovering the Truth: Debunking Common Breastfeeding Myths
- Maternal and Newborn Assessment (interactive case study)
- What Is The Baby Friendly Initiative and Why Should I Care?
- When Breastfeeding Does Not Go As Planned: The Emotional Side
- Postpartum Depression and Breastfeeding
BF Ed.218 J.J. Theissen Terrace